There are a wide range of Philips Sonicare toothbrushes and many of them require the occasional spare part to keep them running, particularly mechanical parts such as the seals, drive components and the motor/solenoid.
Below we show you some of the parts used in various Sonicare toothbrushes, and chargers, and show you where to buy replacements.
Which Sonicare Brush Do I Have?
Firstly, you need to determine which model of Sonicare toothbrush you have! The most accurate way is to find the HX number marked on the bottom of your toothbrush handle. In the example below this is marked HX9340. You can ignore the last two digits as these generally only refer to the colour of the handle. So this brush is part of the DiamondClean HX9300 series. Parts are generally interchangeable between any of HX9300 series models (HX9330, HX9350, etc.)
Parts for Philips Sonicare toothbrushes are generally interchangeable between brushes that share the first 2 digits after the HX in their part number. So for example, with the original HealthyWhite HX6700 series your brush might be marked HX6710 but it will use the same parts as the HX6720, HX6730, and so on. Watch out if you have a HX6900 series toothbrush as there are some large variations within the series so for the PCB or motor do ensure the parts match your actual brush.
Available Spare Parts
Below we list some of the commonly requested spare parts for Philips Sonicare toothbrushes. You can jump to:
- Shaft Seals
- Shaft Connector Block
- Motor / Electromagnet / Solenoid
- PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
- Power / Mode Button
- PCB Switch
- Rechargeable Battery
- Sonicare Chargers including sanitisers and charging cases
- Replacement Heads
The shaft seal fits between the metal shaft that drives the motion of the toothbrush head and the plastic casing of your Sonicare. These small seals are all that stands between the delicate electronics inside your Sonicare toothbrush and the water that gathers around the bottom of the toothbrush head. They can go mouldy and perish, allowing water to seep inside the toothbrush handle where it can start to corrode the motor, PCB and electronic components. Below you can see a new flexible seal on the right, with a new solid plastic seal retainer/cover on the left.
These seals are pretty universal across all Sonicare brushes. New replacement seals are available on eBay from the following suppliers:
- Philips Sonicare Seals – eBay UK
- Philips Sonicare Seals – eBay.com
- Philips Sonicare Seals – eBay Australia
Shaft Connector Block
This die-cast metal block connects the stainless steel output shaft that moves the toothbrush head to the motor/solenoid of your Sonicare. It can fracture and break causing the motor to disconnect from the output shaft. Remember that when a replacement part is stated as being (for example) for the HX9340 it should fit all HX9300 models such as the HX9330, HX9360, etc. Some replacement shafts might come with new seals included.
New replacement shafts are available on eBay from the following suppliers:
- Philips Sonicare Shaft Connector on eBay UK
- Philips Sonicare Shaft Connector on eBay.com
- Philips Sonicare Shaft Connector on eBay Australia
Motor / Electromagnet / Solenoid
The electromagnet is the heart of your Sonicare toothbrush as when coupled to the permanent magnet on the drivetrain it produces mechanical movement from the electrical energy stored in the battery. Most Li-ion powered Sonicare brushes use the same motor/electromagnet to run at 31k (31,000 oscillations per minute), although some models run at a higher speed of 62k (the ProtectiveClean HX6800 series, certain HX6900 FlexCare models, the FlexCare Platinum HX9100 series, the “5 Series” or HealthyWhite+ HX8900 series and the DiamondClean Smart HX9900 series) so these will possibly require a slightly different motor.
Replacement electromagnets generally come with a new shaft attached and sometimes new seals as well. They are available brand new on eBay from the following suppliers:
- Philips Sonicare electromagnets/motors on eBay UK
- Philips Sonicare electromagnets/motors on eBay.com
- Philips Sonicare electromagnets/motors on eBay Australia
PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
The PCB or mainboard of your Sonicare is susceptible to moisture damage. Water entering the handle can cause corrosion on the fine metallic tracks of the PCB which can break the tracks. Make sure when buying a replacement that it is from the same HX series as your existing brush as different series have the buttons and LEDs in different positions. Some of the HX6900 series brushes have the LEDs in slightly different positions such as the HX6950 which varies from the HX6920 and HX6930 positions. The brushing modes might be in a different order too.
Replacement PCBs generally come with the charging coil and plastic frame attached, and sometimes even a new battery too! They are available new on eBay from the following suppliers:
- HX9300 series PCB by Light Blue Digital on eBay
- HX6900 series PCB by Light Blue Digital on eBay (check LED position)
- HX6700 series PCB by Light Blue Digital on eBay
- All Philips Sonicare PCBs on eBay UK
- All Philips Sonicare PCBs on eBay.com
- All Philips Sonicare PCBs on eBay Australia
Power / Mode Button
The rubber and plastic buttons on your Sonicare toothbrush can gradually wear out, meaning that they either don’t allow the switch underneath to be activated properly or they allow moisture inside the handle.
Replacement power button covers and mode selection buttons to cover the switches on your Sonicare toothbrush are available new on eBay here:
- Philips Sonicare buttons and switches on eBay UK
- Philips Sonicare buttons and switches on eBay.com
- Philips Sonicare buttons and switches on eBay Australia
The surface-mount momentary switch on the PCB of your brush under the rubber/plastic button can sometimes wear out. These SPST, normally-open switches can be replaced with similar 5mm square, 1.5mm high tactile switches. However, it is more likely that corrosion has damaged the PCB tracks leading to the switch so inspect these carefully. You can test your existing switch by momentarily shorting across two of its diagonally opposite pins. If this powers up your toothbrush then the switch is at fault.
Replacement PCB switches for your Philips Sonicare are available new on eBay here:
- Surface-mount 5mm square 1.5mm high tactile switches on eBay UK
- Surface-mount 5mm square 1.5mm high tactile switches on eBay.com
- Surface-mount 5mm square 1.5mm high tactile switches on eBay Australia
- Multicomp brand switch on eBay.com
With a limited service life at some point you will need to replace the battery inside your Sonicare toothbrush.
New replacement Li-ion batteries for Philips Sonicare toothbrushes are available to buy through our secure online shop:
There are a few types of charger originally supplied with Sonicare toothbrushes. Each charger has an type number starting with HX, CBA or CRP marked on the bottom to help identify it. When buying a replacement Sonicare charger check that it is rated for the correct electricity voltage in your home and that it has a suitable electrical plug attached.
The most common type of charger is the HX6100 shown below. It is compatible with nearly all Sonicare toothbrushes apart from classic DiamondClean and DiamondClean Smart models. This Sonicare charger is sometimes supplied with an optional shroud, cover or surround which includes holders for your brush heads. The alternative part number is CRP239. Replacement chargers are commonly available, both new and used. Check that the charger you buy has a suitable power plug fitted. See the links below the photo for where to buy.
- Sonicare HX6100 chargers on eBay UK
- Sonicare HX6100 chargers on eBay.com
- Sonicare HX6100 chargers on eBay Australia
Also compatible with the same models as the HX6100 above, are the HX6150 and HX6160 chargers. These chargers include a built-in ultraviolet (UV) sanitizer to sanitize your toothbrush heads. The alternative part number is CP0741. The compartment on the charger contains a UV lamp and it opens up for you to place your toothbrush heads in for sterilization/disinfection. Spare UV bulbs/lamps are also available. Check that the charger you buy has a suitable power plug fitted. See the links below the photo for where to buy a new one.
- Sonicare HX6150 and HX6160 charger/sanitizers on eBay UK
- Sonicare HX6150 and HX6160 charger/sanitizers on eBay.com
- Sonicare HX6150 and HX6160 charger/sanitizers on eBay Australia
- Replacement Sonicare UV lamps/bulbs on eBay UK
- Replacement Sonicare UV lamps/bulbs on eBay.com
- Replacement Sonicare UV lamps/bulbs on eBay Australia
Philips make storage/travel cases for their Sonicare toothbrushes that have a built-in charger. These fit most Sonicare brushes apart from the DiamondClean models (see further below for DiamondClean versions). They are available in white or black. The charging cases have a USB to USB-micro cable to power them and can be powered from the official splash-proof mains adaptor or any other USB outlet or charger.
The charging case has part number TCB1001 (white) or TCB2001 (black) and they are available through the links below.
- Sonicare charging case on eBay UK
- Sonicare charging case on eBay.com
- Sonicare charging case on eBay Australia
The mains chargers (HX9200 or CRP249) and the cable are available separately as shown in the links below. Check that the charger you buy has a suitable power plug for your wall socket and that the cable has a USB-micro plug on the end that plugs into the case (not USB-mini which is larger).
- Power adapter and USB cable on eBay UK
- Power adapter and USB cable on eBay.com
- Power adapter and USB cable on eBay Australia
There are two types of Sonicare DiamondClean toothbrush produced by Philips – the classic DiamondClean brushes marked HX93xx on the bottom of the handle (HX9300 series), and the ‘DiamondClean Smart’ or ‘DiamondClean 9000’ models marked HX99xx which have app connectivity (known as the HX9900 series). These two types each have their own separate, non-interchangeable charging bases which also come with either a glass or clear upright surround for your toothbrush to sit in. Check that the charger you buy has a suitable power plug fitted.
DiamondClean Classic Series Chargers
The charging base for the HX9300 series of brushes is known as the HX9100 charger. The HX9100’s part numbers have been updated to include the new the range of colours available. Part numbers for the base are HX9100 or CRP243 (silver with white cable), CP0469 (silver with black cable), and CP0473 (rose gold). Charging bases are available new or used via the links below the photo.
- Sonicare DiamondClean HX9100 chargers on eBay UK
- Sonicare DiamondClean HX9100 chargers on eBay.com
- Sonicare DiamondClean HX9100 chargers on eBay Australia
The charging glasses have the part number HX9000 or CRP242 for classic DiamondClean models and are available new or used via the links below the photo.
- DiamondClean classic charger glasses on eBay UK
- DiamondClean classic charger glasses on eBay.com
- DiamondClean classic charger glasses on eBay Australia
The clear surround or dock that fits on the charger to stand the toothbrush upright has the part number CRP246. They are available new or used via the links below the photo.
- DiamondClean charger docks on eBay UK
- DiamondClean charger docks on eBay.com
- DiamondClean charger docks on eBay Australia
DiamondClean Smart/9000 Series Chargers
DiamondClean Smart (HX9900 series) toothbrushes have their own base and glass, part numbers CP0552 or CBA1001 (silver), CP0551 or CBA2001 (dark grey/black), and CBA3001 (rose gold). Buy a new charger for your DiamondClean Smart using the links below the photo:
- Chargers for DiamondClean Smart series on eBay UK
- Chargers for DiamondClean Smart series on eBay.com
- Chargers for DiamondClean Smart series on eBay Australia
The special glass for the Smart series DiamondClean chargers is part CP0553. Buy a new glass for your DiamondClean Smart below:
- Glass for DiamondClean Smart series on eBay UK
- Glass for DiamondClean Smart series on eBay.com
- Glass for DiamondClean Smart series on eBay Australia
DiamondClean Charging Travel Case
The classic DiamondClean Sonicares were also available with a charging travel case (HX9210) which allows you to store your toothbrush with its heads and easily recharge it whilst travelling. The travel case is available in various colours, including grey/green, black/green (CP0470), black/purple (CP0471), pink/white and rose-gold/white (CP0475). See the links below the photo for where to buy a new carging travel case.
- DiamondClean HX9210 charging travel cases on eBay UK
- DiamondClean HX9210 charging travel cases on eBay.com
- DiamondClean HX9210 charging travel cases on eBay Australia
The charging travel cases are powered through a USB-mini socket and a splash-proof mains electrical adapter. Available replacements are the charger (HX9200 or CRP249) and the cable (CRP248 (white) or CP0467 (black)) as shown in the links below. Check that the charger you buy has a suitable power plug for your electrical outlet and that the cable has a USB-mini plug on the end that plugs into the case (not USB-micro which is smaller).
- Power adapter and USB-mini cable on eBay UK
- Power adapter and USB-mini cable on eBay.com
- Power adapter and USB-mini cable on eBay Australia
For DiamondClean Smart brushes the travel charging cases are only compatible with HX993x brush handles, not HX992x brushes. The cases are available in white (part CP0556 or TCA1001) and black (part CP0557 or TCA2001). These are available through the links below.
- DiamondClean Smart charging travel cases on eBay UK
- DiamondClean Smart charging travel cases on eBay.com
- DiamondClean Smart charging travel cases on eBay Australia
There are several series of replacement head available for Sonicare toothbrushes and they are not interchangeable with each other. Within each series, however, the different styles of head are interchangeable (softness, colour, etc.)
The E-Series Sonicare brushes were sold under the Advance, Elite, Essence and Xtreme model names and the model numbers a4000,e5000,e7000 and e9000. They came with large, screw-on replacement heads as pictured below.
The E-series heads are discontinued by Philips but some sellers still have supplies. Stock up while you can! New E-series brush heads are available through the links below:
- E-Series toothbrush heads on eBay UK
- E-Series toothbrush heads on eBay.com
- E-Series toothbrush heads on eBay Australia
Please leave a comment below if you have any questions, information or tips about spare parts or chargers for Philips Sonicare toothbrushes.